If you’re looking for ways to make your fitness program more effective, here are 10 tips to help you get started.
10 Ways to Make Your Fitness Program More Effective
1. Find an activity that you enjoy and stick with it. If you don’t enjoy what you’re doing, you’re less likely to stick with it long-term. Try lots of ways to make your self active and fit. It is important to like what you are doing so it’s easy for you to do it.
2. Set realistic goals. If your goals are too lofty, you’re likely to get discouraged and give up. Getting fit is not a 1 day activity. It varies depending on the current condition of our health and body. Set a goal that you can achieve and go for it.
3. Make a plan. Decide how often you’ll exercise and what activities you’ll do. This will help you stay on track. Without a plan, you might go astray along the way. It is only thru plan you will be reminded of you need to do to accomplish your dream goal. When you do have a plan, stick to it and follow diligently.
4. Find a workout buddy. Having someone to workout with can make the experience more enjoyable and motivating. It is a great way to motivate us and put accountability. Choose a partner with same goal as you have. Regularly keep in touch with each other and exchange best practices. Be ready to criticise is each if needed. You need this to follow your goal.
5. Mix things up. If you get bored with your routine, try something new to keep yourself motivated. There are hundred of fitness ways and program you can follow. If you got bored easily, you can experiment and try other routine. There is no one size fits all approach. Try and see which one works for you best.
6. Set small goals. Celebrate each accomplishment to keep yourself motivated. It will help you get encourage every time you hit those small milestones along the way. It will definitely help you push forward.
7. Reward yourself. Give yourself a non-food reward after reaching a goal or working out consistently for a certain period of time. Call it a cheat day or something, but try to pamper yourself when you have time. Make it as a reward for yourself for doing a job well done.
8. Avoid comparing yourself to others. Everyone is on their own fitness journey and comparison is only going to discourage you. Each one of us are different in a lot of way, especially physically. Some people got fit very fast, while for some it may take time. It doesn’t matter, as long as you continue to reach your goal of achieving a healthy body. Do not compare yourself to others.
9. Don’t get discouraged. You will have setbacks, but don’t let them derail your entire program. Don’t give up. This is a long term goal, not an overnight thing. Keep it going till the end.
10. Seek professional help. If you need help getting started or staying motivated, consider working with a certified personal trainer. If you are visiting a gym, there’s a lot of trainers there you can approach for help. It may cost extra money, but you’ll get your goal faster than if you do it alone. It will help you to do the best practice, eliminating errors and wasting time.
Getting back in shape thru fitness program is not an overnight thing. It takes patience, weeks or even months to achieve the desired result. Manage your expectation and set your goal for long term. This will help you keep going along the way.
Stay health, stay fit!